Sri Lanka’s Election Commision says it can’t make decisions regarding Dual Citizen MPs
The Election Commission of Sri Lanka does not have the ability to make decisions regarding Dual Citizenship, Election Commission Chairman Nimal G. Punchihewa said.
Punchihewa said that the fact of being a dual citizen or a citizen is not mentioned in the nomination paper, so it is not the task of the Election Commission to search for it.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023