State lands for landless war heroes
Cabinet of Ministers has approved the proposal made by the Minister of Defense, President Maithripala Sirisena to grant state lands for landless war heroes revising the shortcomings of the prevailing process.
The government has initiated various welfare programs to care for the deceased, disappeared and disabled war heroes in the three forces, police and the Civil Defense Department during their active service. Granting of state lands to them under the State Lands Ordinance is already being implemented.
According to Minister Rajitha Senarathne, including the Civil Defense Force as beneficiaries of this program, formation of an authority to issue applications and provide necessary recommendations, and taking actions against the misusing of the granted lands will be the amendments to be made.
(Government News Portal)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023
- Bar Association of Sri Lanka demands withdrawal of Anti-Terrorism and Online Safety Bills September 24, 2023
- Malaysian Police tracking down two Sri Lankan triple murder suspects September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023