Take necessary action to seek solutions for fuel crisis – Namal
Minister Namal Rajapaksa says necessary action must be taken to seek solutions instead of forcing the public to wait in fuel queues any longer.
Speaking to the media in Colombo today, Minister Rajapaksa said fuel distributors must fulfil their responsibilities in a stringent manner.
The Minister claimed the President has issued directives to the relevant officials to expedite fuel distribution.
He said the subject Minister informed the Cabinet of Ministers that the required stocks of fuel will be received through the Indian Credit Line adding he believes the prevailing situation will be resolved in the near future.
He said all relevant officials and distributors must work irrespective of weekends and holidays.
Minister Rajapaksa acknowledged that the public is facing a dire situation adding the public must not be burdened.
He said blame must not be passed around at present adding everyone must instead act to return the country to normalcy.
When questioned by the media whether military assistance can be sought to assist with the fuel distribution process, Minister Rajapaksa said the President has issued the necessary directives to officials.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President address at the UNGA highlighting Sri Lanka’s journey to rebuild trust and global solidarity September 22, 2023
- Hearing of Danushka Gunathilaka’s case concludes, verdict to be delivered next week September 21, 2023
- IMF chief Kristalina and Sri Lanka President Ranil discuss ongoing reforms and debt restructuring efforts September 21, 2023
- Two killed, two injured in shooting at Avissawella September 21, 2023