Thousands of students returned to schools today – Dinesh
Minister of Education Dinesh Gunawardena says thousands of children from all provinces attended schools today (21).
Speaking during an observational visit of several schools in Maharagama, Minister Gunawardena said he is committed to maintaining reopened schools in accordance with health guidelines.
The Minister said students ended a long period where education was hindered due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
He conveyed his gratitude to the Ministry of Education, students and parents who made an effort to return to school.
Minister Gunawardena also thanked teachers and principals who assisted towards the success of reopening schools.
Primary sections of schools across the country with less than 200 students, reopened today for the new term.
The Ministry of Education said under the first phase, nearly 3,800 schools reopened today.
(Source: News Radio)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023