Two injured in police firing
Posted in Local News
Two people were injured when Police opened fire on a three-wheeler which had sped away defying police orders in Wadduwa on the Gale Road last night, police said.
Police had signalled the three-wheeler to stop at Kalutara North but it had sped away defying police orders. The police had given chase to it and opened fire.
The injured were admitted to the Nagoda Hospital.
Police said two people who were in the three-wheeler had escaped after the incident.
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023