Two suspects with close links to Zahran arrested at Horowpathana
Two members of the National Thowheed Jamath organization believed to have maintained close ties with the terrorist Zahran Hashim have been arrested from Paththawa, Horowpothana.
The arrest was made by the Special Task Force at Paththewa in Horowpathana last evening (16).
The arrestees, Noor Mohammadu Abdul Rasool and Kana Mohamed Mijam, were identified as a principal and an acting principal of two Muslim schools in the area, aged 56 and 48 are residents of Paththawa.
It was reported that the two suspects are well versed in the future plans of the NTJ.
The police further said that Zahran Hashim and Mohamed Ibrahim Ansar have established NTJ mosques in the area and entrusted them with Abdul Rasool and Mohamed Mijam.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023