UNP LC: Wijeyadasa R. replaces Thalatha; Sajith’s slot kept vacant
The UNP Working Committee yesterday appointed Wijedasa Rajapaksa MP to the Leadership Council (LC),in place of Thalatha Athukorale who had declined to accept her appointment.
Informed sources said that the WC however had decided to keep the position allocated to Sajith Premadasa in the LC vacant, even though he had not taken up his appointment which was made on November 3, last year.
Chairman of the LC Karu Jayasuriya presenting a resume of the work they had done pointed out that some in the media were only talking about the dispute over five out of the 180 candidates that the UNP Nomination Board had selected for the Western and Southern Provincial Council Elections,but had conveniently ignored the chaos in the SLFP. “Among the SLFP candidates selected for the Provincial Polls were some former Deputy Ministers.But, they were left out at the eleventh hour.I,would like to ask as to why the media is not highlighting the problems in the SLFP.It is only talking about just five UNPers who were not given nominations since there were many applications and we had to select the best out of the best.”
Chairman of the UNP and LC member Kabir Hashim had presented a Campaign Action Plan for the forthcoming elections, sources added.
(Courtesy : The Island)
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023