Why Wimal’s deputy was not arrested, asks Namal
The former Deputy Minister of the Construction Engineering Services and Housing Ministry has same charges as MP Wimal Weerawansa, MP Namal Rajapaksa said.
Namal Rajapaksa made the observation while speaking at an event held in Gampaha, Ada Derana reporter said.
Rajapaksa pointed out the arrest of Weerawansa demonstrates that a political witch hunt is underway against the members of the Joint Opposition.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023