Wilgamuwa Chairman and Former Chairman arrested with ganja
Chairman of the Wilgamuwa Pradeshiya Sabha Jayantha Weerasekara and Former Chairman Ranjith Dissanayake were arrested by the Police while allegedly transporting ganja in the area last night, the Police said.
They said the suspects were arrested in a cab belonging to the Pradeshiya Sabha with 250 grams of ganja following a tipoff received by the Wilgamuwa Police.
Police said suspects are to be produced before the Naula Magistrate today.
(Courtesy : DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka aims to streamline tax structure, boost collections October 4, 2023
- Tharushi Karunarathna wins Gold at Asian Games in China October 4, 2023
- Litro gas prices increased from tonight (October 04) October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Court dismisses misappropriation case against Ajith Nivard Cabraal and Lalith Weeratunga October 4, 2023