Wimal Weerawansa remanded
Former Minister Wimal Weerawansa, who was arrested by the FCID, was remanded till January 24 by Colombo Fort magistrate Lanka Jayaratne today.
He was arrested on charges of misusing 40 state vehicles belonging to the state engineering corporation causing a loss of Rs. 90 million.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023