Withdraw Kotelawala Defence University bill immediately – Sajith
Leader of the Opposition Sajith Premadasa has requested the government to withdraw the General Sir John Kotelawala Defence University bill immediately.
The MP said the draft bill is a major challenge to free education.
Speaking at a protest opposite the University Grants Commission against the draft bill, the Opposition Leader urged the government to refrain from mishandling the KDU.
He said the Samagi Jana Balawegaya will fight to protect free education. MP Premadasa added if the KDU is to contribute to free education, it should be taken under the purview of the University Grants Commission.
(Source: News Radio)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Asian Games 2023: India women bag Gold medal in cricket September 25, 2023
- Sachithra Senanayake granted bail September 25, 2023
- Wanindu Hasaranga likely to miss ICC World Cup due to hamstring injury – report September 25, 2023
- Sri Lanka receives USD 890,000 interim compensation for damages by X-Press Pearl September 24, 2023
- Sri Lanka pays off $200 million loan from Bangladesh with $4.5 million interest September 24, 2023