Woman arrested at BIA with fake notes
Posted in Local News
A Sri Lankan woman was arrested by the Customs officials at the Bandaranaike International Airport (BIA) last night, for smuggling counterfeit currency into the country.
At the time of arrest, the suspect had, in her possession, counterfeit currency notes worth US$ 16,000 and € 16,440, which were valued to be Rs 5,090,666.
The notes were seized by the Customs but no penalty was imposed on the suspect.
Customs officials are carrying out further investigations. (Ceylon Today Online)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023