10 petitions filed against the dissolution of Parliament
A total of 10 petitions have been filed before the Supreme Court against the issuance of the 2096/70 Gazette, purportedly dissolving Parliament.
Political parties including United National Party (UNP), Janatha Vimukthi Peramuna (JVP) and the Tamil National Alliance (TNA), Tamil Progressive Alliance (TPA) and the All Ceylon People’s Congress have filed the petitions.
The intention of filing the petition is to seek justice from the Supreme Court over the dissolution of Parliament, stated the former UNP MP Sagala Ratnayaka.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023