10 UPFA MPs noticed by Colombo Magistrate
The Colombo Magistrate’s Court today issued notice on 27 persons including 10 UPFA Parliamentarians to appear before the court on May 8 on contempt of court charges, after they violated a court order and staged a protest opposite the bribery commission.
Prior to the protest, the court issued an order banning protests in front of the Bribery Commission. Despite the court, they protested in support of former Defence Secretary Gotabhaya Rajapaksa who was present at the Bribery Commission yesterday to give a statement.
(Pix by AP)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023