100 kg of ganja meant for Lanka seized in TN
Posted in Local News
The Q Branch police have seized 100 kg of ganja found abandoned in the shallow waters at Arichamunai near Danushkodi, in Tamil Nadu. Superintendent of Police N.M. Mylvahanan said that acting on a tip-off, the police reached Arichamunai to find the drugs packed in four gunny bags of 25 kg each.
The Danushkodi police registered a case. Preliminary investigations revealed that the drug was brought from Pamban. “We will secure the accused in a day or two,” the SP said.
The ganja was meant to be smuggled to Sri Lanka. Otherwise there was no need to bring the huge consignment to Arichamunai, he said, The Hindu reports.
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
- Sri Lanka must protect the right to freedom of expression June 9, 2023
- Five-year-old child found dead with cut injuries from a construction site in Mulleriyawa June 9, 2023