100 kg of ganja meant for Lanka seized in TN
The Q Branch police have seized 100 kg of ganja found abandoned in the shallow waters at Arichamunai near Danushkodi, in Tamil Nadu. Superintendent of Police N.M. Mylvahanan said that acting on a tip-off, the police reached Arichamunai to find the drugs packed in four gunny bags of 25 kg each.
The Danushkodi police registered a case. Preliminary investigations revealed that the drug was brought from Pamban. “We will secure the accused in a day or two,” the SP said.
The ganja was meant to be smuggled to Sri Lanka. Otherwise there was no need to bring the huge consignment to Arichamunai, he said, The Hindu reports.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023