103-year-old woman killed in Balangoda, 13-year-old arrested
The police have arrested a 13-year old boy over a murder of 103-year old woman in Egoda Walebada area in Balangoda, last afternoon.
According to the police, the boy had assaulted the elderly woman as she refused to give him sum Rs. 800. The Balangoda police are currently interrogating the suspected boy to reveal as to what reason he wanted the money for.
The incident has taken place at around 5.30 p.m. at the residence of the woman. The boy who reportedly entered into the house had attacked the woman with a club.
The woman was pronounced death upon admission to the Balangoda Base hospital. The post-mortem of the deceased is scheduled to conduct, today.
The suspect will be produced in the Balangoda Magistrate’s Court.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023