Court extends custody of Lankan spy
Suspected ISI operatives Lankan born Arun Selvarajan, Sakir Hussain, Sivabalan, Mohammad Salim and Rafiq were on Thursday produced before a Poonamallee special court in Chennai which extended their custody and remanded them in Puzhal prison.
National Investigation Agency (NIA) sleuths, who questioned Selvarajan for six days, now plan to interrogate him further for more details about his operations.
Police said Selvarajan had been arrested on September 10 in Saligramam near Vadapalani for sending photographs of vital installations, including Army and navy bases, in south India to his handlers in Sri Lanka — Shaji and Siddiqui.
Two suspected Al-Umma operatives, who were arrested for their alleged role in the murders of a few leaders of Hindu organisations in the state, were also produced before the Poonamallee court on Thursday and their remand was extended, Times of India reports.
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya arrested over remarks on Buddhism May 28, 2023
- Veteran Diplomat Jayantha Dhanapala passes away May 27, 2023