109 Sri Lankans food poisoned in Jordan
It has been reported by the Sri Lankan Embassy in Jordan that the following numbers of the Embassy safe house inmates have been admitted to the hospitals on the morning of Saturday, 6th October, due to suspected food poisoning :
University hospital – 18
Prince Hamsa hospital – 51
Al Bashir hospital – 40
Out of the above inmates admitted to the hospitals, only three are under observations at the Al Bashir hospital and are expected to return to the safe house during the course of the day. The others have returned back to the safe house on the evening of Saturday, 6th October 2012.
The Ministry of External Affairs has instructed the Sri Lankan Embassy in Jordan to extend all possible assistance to the inmates who have returned to the safe house after treatment.
Ministry of External Affairs
7th October 2012
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023