160 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Friday (13)
Sri Lanka yesterday recorded the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day.
160 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 13, increasing the death toll to 5,935.
87 males and 73 females were among the victims.
124 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 35 victims were aged between 30-59 and one victim aged below 30.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka introduces insurance scheme for Animals October 1, 2023
- Niluka Karunaratne announces retirement October 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka begins system to issue e-bills for water October 1, 2023
- Person arrested over shooting of elephant “Sita” granted bail September 30, 2023
- International Commission of Jurists says Online Safety Bill is an assault on freedoms September 30, 2023