171 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Monday (16)
Sri Lanka yesterday recorded the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day.
171 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 16, increasing the death toll to 6,434.
102 males and 69 females were among the victims.
134 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 35 victims were aged between 30-59 and 02 victims aged below 30.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023