18,000 ecstasy pills worth Rs.130 Million seized by Sri Lanka Customs
Posted in Local News
The Sri Lanka Customs has seized a package containing 18,000 ecstasy pills worth over Rs. 130 million at the Central Mail Exchange in Colombo.
This is believed to be the largest haul of narcotic pills seized in the South Asian region thus far.
Customs Media Spokesman Sunil Jayaratne said that the package of ecstasy pills, weighing 09 kg in total, have been sent from Belgium.
The contraband was discovered following investigations carried out by customs regarding several parcels received by the Central Mail Exchange.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023