192 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Saturday (28)
192 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 28, increasing the death toll to 8,775.
109 males and 83 females were among the victims.
156 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 36 victims were aged between 30-59.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023