216 COVID-19 deaths confirmed for Sunday (29)
Sri Lanka yesterday recorded the highest number of COVID-19 deaths in a single day.
216 COVID-19 deaths were confirmed for August 29, increasing the death toll to 8,991.
115 males and 101 females were among the victims.
170 of the victims are senior citizens aged above 60 years, 41 victims were aged between 30-59 and 05 victims aged below 30.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023