22nd Amendment to the Constitution passed in Sri Lanka Parliament
The 22nd Amendment to the constitution was passed with amendments by a two-thirds majority in Parliament of Sri Lanka shedding a few powers of the Executive President.
174 members of parliament had voted in favour of the bill while only MP Sarath Weerasekara voted against it and 44 members including former Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa were absent during the vote.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Health Minister says people seeking treatment at government hospitals have increased by 40% October 4, 2023
- Sanath Nishantha to pay electric bills of SLPP low-income families October 4, 2023
- Chairman of CEYPETCO and CPSTL Uvais Mohamed resigns October 4, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023