278kgs of heroin & 5kgs of cocaine found in Dehiwala
Police say the stock of narcotics discovered in Dehiwala today is the largest drug bust reported in the country’s history.
Two Bangladeshi nationals were arrested with a heroin haul of 278 kilogrammes valued at Rs.3.33 billion from Dehiwala, Police said.
Meanwhile Police Media Spokesman Superintendent of Police Ruwan Gunasekara said 5kg of cocaine worth Rs.75 million was also recovered from the same residence during the raid.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Nadeesha Dilhani Lekamge wins Asian Games athletics medal after 17 years October 3, 2023
- World Bank boosts Sri Lanka economic forecasts after inflation progress October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President slams western media, says no to international probe October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Bondholder Lawsuit Should Be Put on Hold, U.S. Says October 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023