9 suspects remanded in connection to Minuwangoda unrest
Nine persons have been arrested over inciting violence in the Minuwangoda area, yesterday (13), stated the Police Media Spokesperson.
The arrestees have been produced before the Minuwangoda Magistrate’s Court earlier today (14).
Accordingly, they have been remanded until the 29th of May, said the Police.
They have been taken into custody under Emergency Regulations and the provisions of the International Convention on Civil and Political Rights Act.
Police said that these persons can obtain bail only by submitting applications to the High Court someday.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023