AG expresses displeasure to Acting IGP
The Attorney General has expressed his displeasure to the Acting Inspector General of Police (IGP) over the response in dealing with the AG’s advice and directives on Justice Gihan Pilapitiya, coordinating Secretary Nishara Jayaratne said.
The AG had earlier directed the Acting IGP to immediately invoke the Judicial process in the High Court Judge Gihan Pilapitiya case.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka Parliament approves VAT (amendment) Bill December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka reports 80,222 dengue cases with 47 deaths December 11, 2023
- Sri Lanka Parliament decides to debate VAT (amendment) Bill today December 11, 2023
- ‘Unfair, Really Surprised’: Anjum Chopra on Chamari Athapaththu going unsold at WPL Auction December 11, 2023
- Sri Lankan migrant workers remit 5.4 Billion USD in first 11 months December 10, 2023