All educational tours to be cancelled temporarily
Posted in Local News
All school educational trips have been temporarily suspended due to Coronavirus threat in the country, the Education Ministry said.
This measure has been taken under the directive of Minister of Education Dullas Alahapperuma.
In a statement, the Ministry said the decision was taken after a Sri Lankan tour guide tested positive for COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The patient who is currently being treated at the National Infectious Diseases Hospital had traveled to several places in the country.
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya remanded till June 7 May 28, 2023
- Fuel quota to be increased from Tuesday May 28, 2023
- India did more for Sri Lanka than IMF – Jaishankar May 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to Issue digital birth certificates May 28, 2023