Another person dies while waiting for fuel in Sri Lanka
A 53-year-old father of two who was waiting for fuel at a filling station in the area of Darga Town, Aluthgama died after he was knocked down by a lorry last night (June 28).
He was preparing to leave the filling station and head home when the tragedy struck.
The driver of the Mathugama-bound lorry surrendered to the Police this morning (June 29).
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023
- CEYPETCO and Lanka IOC increases fuel prices October 1, 2023