Another tax revision
The import duty on vehicle tyres excluding those of buses: Vehicle parts and dairy products including butter has also been revised from today, the Finance Ministry said.
It said the decision was taken to help the development of domestic industries particularly those related to light engineering, dairy products and tyre manufacturing.
Meanwhile, the total tax payable for the importation of single cabs was also revised to correct an anomaly on the taxing of such vehicles.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Defence Ministry refutes reports of ‘lavish spending’ for entertaining military heads December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka moving towards social revolution – Anura December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka needs US $ 1.4 trillion additional investment to realise SDGs by 2030: IPS study December 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Sports Minister appoints new National Sports Council December 4, 2023
- ‘We quit our stressful public sector jobs to earn £150 a month in Sri Lanka’ December 4, 2023