Another woman hospitalised after beautification treatment
Police said that another woman who had taken medicine for beautification from the Beauty Parlour in Bambalapitiya was admitted to a hospital in London after having become ill.
She had complained to the Police by fax on Saturday (23) against the doctor.
According to the Police, this wealthy female had taken medicine for beautification about two months ago and was admitted to a hospital in London without seeking admission hospitals in Sri Lanka. She had complained to the Police after publicity was given in the media about the recent incident, in which a Lady Ridgeway hospital doctor had died after taking such medical treatment.
The Police said that they had conducted investigations after her complaint.
In addition to this complaint, the Police had received information about another incident, in which an 11-year-old girl was treated for leucoderma and her condition turned worse. It was mentioned in the complaint that the girl’s parents had spent nearly Rs. 200,000. Police said that people should bring to their attention about these types of incidents.
According to the Police, the alleged beauty therapist Nimal Gamage had obtained permission from the Health Ministry to conduct a medical centre but he was not granted permission for performing surgery. It was reported that nearly 12,000 ladies had so far undergone treatment at his clinic and the Laptop computer which was used by him was sent to the Moratuwa University for identification of the patients who had sought treatment from him.
The suspect is to be produced before the court today (25).
A team of Police officers are conducting investigations under the direction of Colombo Crime Division Director, SP Rohan Silva and his deputies, ASPs Nuwan Wedasinghe and L.N. Jayaratna.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023