Tense situation at Karapitiya Hospital
A tense situation has been reported at the Karapitiya Hospital premises in Galle after a group of patients who had arrived to receive treatment engaged in a protest in front of the hospital director’s office today.
The director of the hospital Dr. Shelton Perera yesterday stated that all the staff members at the Karapitiya Teaching Hospital would boycott their duties today (24) over a garbage issue.
He said that the decision was made following the inaction of the Galle Municipal Council (GMC) to remove and dump garbage of the hospital to a proper place.
Dr. Perera said that only the accident ward will be functioning, while new admissions of patients will be not enrolled, he added.
However, the hospital director a short while ago had declared that apart from emergency medical treatment no patients will be received at the hospital until the local government body informs, in writing, that the garbage will be removed from the premises.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka lacks commitment and discipline – Murali December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President Ranil Wickremesinghe meets Bill Gates December 3, 2023
- Indian envoy visits Sri Lanka’s north, underscores India’s commitment to country December 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka President at COP28 urges bold action in the face of alarming climate predictions December 2, 2023
- Diana Gamage, Sujith Perera and Rohana Bandara banned from Parliament December 2, 2023