Anura Yapa questioned by police over CPC losses
UPFA MP Anura Priyadharshana Yapa is being questioned by the Police Special Investigations Unit (SIU) in connection with the Rs 35 million in losses incurred by the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation (CPC), during his tenure as Minister of Petroleum Industries.
The government had incurred the losses as a result of the small ship hired from the Luna Shipping Company to carry out ship-to-ship transfer of fuel after a buoy was damaged near the unloading facility by a ship supplying fuel to the CPC last year.
Yapa, who is the General Secretary of the Sri Lanka Freedom Party (SLFP), was summoned to the SIU at around 10.30am this morning to record a statement regarding the losses, police said.
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023