‘Attacks on fishermen will hit ties with Sri Lanka’ – Karunanidhi
Posted in Local News
DMK leader M. Karunanidhi warned that attack on Tamil fishermen by the Sri Lankan Navy would affect the bilateral relationship between India and Sri Lanka, especially at a time Prime Minister Narendra Modi had taken efforts to secure the rights for the Tamils in the country.
“The attack has proved that our happiness over Mr. Modi’s speech in the Sri Lankan Parliament demanding equal rights and dignified life for Tamil is short lived,” he said in a statement.
Mr Karunanidhi said the attack had taken place on the day Mr. Modi met the Sri Lankan Tamils.
- Sri Lanka appointed Special parliamentary committee to probe New Diamond, X-Press Pearl disasters June 6, 2023
- Cabinet approves proposal to reduce Maximum Retail Prices of 60 types of medicine June 6, 2023
- Two officers of Agrarian Service Centre arrested for soliciting a bribe June 6, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
he may be referring to ties with Tamil Nadu not With India Does the man knows what he is doing he is depriving the fisherman in the north earn a living by letting the Tamil nadu fisherman come here and take as they please
why the double standards