Australia issues travel advisory
The Australian government in its latest travel advisory issued today adviced its citizen travelling to Sri Lanka to exercise a high degree of caution in Sri Lankan at this time because of the unrest situation in some part of the country.
The updated travel advisory
This Advice was last issued on Monday, 16 June 2014. This advice contains new information under Safety and Security: Civil unrest/political tensions (a night curfew has been imposed in Aluthgama and Beruwala following civil unrest. You should respect the curfew and follow the instructions of local authorities. Avoid any protests or large public gatherings in these areas as they may turn violent). We advise you to exercise a high degree of caution in Sri Lanka at this time because of the unpredictable security environment.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan President calls for grass-root level national program to modernize agriculture March 3, 2024
- UN rights chief raises concerns over Sri Lanka’s proposed laws March 3, 2024
- Sri Lanka seeks five-month hold on bondholder suit March 3, 2024
- Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) makes thumping Rs. 61.2 billion profits last year March 3, 2024
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024