Azath Salley arrested
Posted in Local News
Former Governor of Western Province Azath Salley was arrested this evening (March 16) by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) in connection with a statement he had made on March 10, Police Spokesman DIG Ajith Rohana said.
Azath Salley was arrested at Kollupitiya at around 6.00 pm today.
The arrest was made on the advice of the Attorney General, his coordinating officer State Counsel Nishara Jayaratne said.
The Attorney General has advised the DIG of the CID division that credible information was disclosed of the offences committed under the Penal Code, PTA and the ICCPR Act by Asath Sally.
- Fuel prices revised in Sri Lanka May 31, 2023
- Bruno Divakara arrested May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank warns general public over 8 pyramid-type schemes May 31, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar May 31, 2023
- Chinese reaffirms support for Sri Lanka’s economic recovery May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Central Bank to hold rates as inflation stays high May 31, 2023
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023