Baby killed, nine injured in expressway accident
Posted in Local News
A three-year-old baby died and nine others were seriously injured in an accident between a van and a lorry at the 33.2 and 33.3 km mile post in Dodangoda on the Southern Expressway (E01) this morning, police said.
The van and the lorry were heading towards Galle from Horana. The van had crashed into the back of the lorry.
It is reported that two people including the driver of the van were in a critical condition. The injured were admitted to the Nagoda, Bandaragama and Panadura hospitals, police said.
(Courtesy : DM Online)
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023
- Bruno Divakara remanded until June 07 June 1, 2023
- Over 9,000 dengue cases reported in Sri Lanka in May, 2023 June 1, 2023