167 poll cards up in smoke
A postman had been arrested in Walpita, Akuressa for allegedly losing 167 polling cards yesterday, the Police said.
However the postman claimed that two men who had come on a motorcycle snatched away the 167 polling cards in Walpita.
The postman had complained to the Police 119 emergency unit, a few days ago that two unidentified men on a motorcycle snatched the cards from his possession.
However, investigations under the supervision of Matara District Assistant Election Commissioner revealed that the poll cards were put into fire by the postman’s mother at their home, the Police said.
(Courtesy : DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023