Private bank near Dambulla Economic Centre robbed
A private bank near the Dambulla Economic Centre has been robbed by an unknown group this afternoon (March 17).
The gang of three robbers had arrived at the bank in a vehicle at around 1.50pm today while they had threatened the workers at the bank and made away with more than Rs.500,000.
No one has been apprehended in connection with robbery as yet while the Dambulla police are conducting further investigations regarding the incident.
(Courtesy : Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023