Bandarawela HQI transferred over election day clash
Bandarawela Police Headquarters Inspector (HQI), SK Karunasena, has been transferred to Colombo with immediate effect for negligence of duty after he failed to prevent a clash inside the police station premises on the Election Day.
Karunasena has been stripped of his post as officer-in-charge (OIC) and transferred to the Police Field Force Headquarters, Bambalapitiya.
Police said that a disciplinary inquiry will be instigated against the Inspector.
United National Party (UNP) Mayor of the Bandarawela Municipal Council Chaminda Wijesiri had lodged a complaint alleging that he was attacked by UPFA Puttalam District MP Arundika Fernando and his supporters.
The Mayor said he was attacked by the MP inside the Bandarawela police station when he went to lodge a complaint after a clash with another UPFA politician on Election Day (September 20).
The Mayor of Bandarawela was admitted to the Diyatalawa hospital and had reportedly suffered bruises as a result of the altercation. He was later transferred to the Badulla base hospital.
- Sri Lanka relaxes import restrictions on over 300 items June 10, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to go ahead with privatising SLT despite ‘NO’ from S.O.C. on National Security June 10, 2023
- Seven Police Narcotics Bureau officers arrested over death of vocational trainer in custody June 9, 2023
- Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security recommends not to privatise Sri Lanka Telecom June 9, 2023
- Sarath Fonseka resigns from Sectoral Oversight Committee on National Security June 9, 2023
Now election is over.
What politicians are now distributing silredi, water bottles, and drought relief funds ?
These f***** do every thing to cheat and steal the votes of poor.