BASL Vice President to resign
The Bar Association of Sri Lanka (BASL) Vice President, senior lawyer Anoma Goonethilake said she decided to resign from her position following the tense situation that arose during the special general meeting held this morning.
Explaining reasons behind the decision to resign, Ms. Goonethilake said, “Although the BASL President Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe claims the three resolutions passed today were unanimously agreed upon, only a certain fraction consented to them. Those who opposed to the resolutions were not given a chance to express their views at all. I feel the BASL President acted in a dictatorial manner during the meeting today and the resolutions passed are extremely biased,” she said.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Dr. Saman Ratnayake remanded until March 14, 2024 March 2, 2024
- Sri Lanka Air Force celebrates 73rd anniversary March 2, 2024
- Department of Examinations announced dates of Scholarship Exam, O/L, A/L March 1, 2024
- Central Bank officials summoned to party leaders’ meeting over salary hike March 1, 2024
- Sri Lanka halts free visas for long-staying Russian, Ukrainian nationals March 1, 2024