Big onions import tax hiked
Posted in Local News
The Finance Ministry announced that the import tax on big onions has been increased by Rs.15 from today.
The Ministry’s Trade and Tariffs Department said the tax was increased to protect local farmers.
“This is the time that the local farmers reap their harvest and this increase in tax will ensure that they reap maximum benefit during the season,” it said.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
- Sri Lanka to initiate new online passport application system May 30, 2023
- India extends USD 1 Billion Credit Line for Sri Lanka until March 2024 May 30, 2023
- Cabinet approves resume of the Colombo Light Rail Transit project May 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to implement strict law enforcement against religious disharmony May 30, 2023
- Food insecurity improved in Sri Lanka but prevails within specific regions – FAO and WFP May 29, 2023
- ADB approves $350 Million for Sri Lanka economic stabilization programme May 29, 2023
- Ven. Rajangane Saddharathana Thera arrested May 29, 2023
Very good thinking.
This is fantastic news. The economy of the Wonder of Asia will now bloom.