Big onions import tax hiked
The Finance Ministry announced that the import tax on big onions has been increased by Rs.15 from today.
The Ministry’s Trade and Tariffs Department said the tax was increased to protect local farmers.
“This is the time that the local farmers reap their harvest and this increase in tax will ensure that they reap maximum benefit during the season,” it said.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s acting finance minister says positive progress in securing second IMF tranche September 29, 2023
- Sri Lanka Navy seizes Kerala cannabis worth over Rs. 33 million in Karainagar September 29, 2023
- Some Sri Lanka creditors seeking debt restructuring deal without China September 29, 2023
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023