BJP says protests over President Rajapaksa unfair
Indian Bharatiya Janata Party leader L. Ganesan said that the refusal to meet and talk to the Sri Lankan President and at the same time, demanding a resolution of the Tamils’ issue was similar to asking a doctor to cure sick persons without seeing them.
Referring to media reports that Indian fishermen may abide by a seasonal moratorium on fishing across the International Maritime Boundary Line, Mr.Ganesan said the Central government would talk to the Sri Lankan government and evolve a permanent solution to the fishermen issue.
Once the Centre evolved a permanent solution to the fishermen’s issue, the naysayers, who called the BJP’s efforts “mere drama”, would become silent, he said. Asked about the political opposition to Mr. Rajapaksa’s visit to Tirupati, he said it was unfair to prevent somebody from pursuing one’s personal belief.
Mr. Ganesan condemned the attack on journalists from Tamil Nadu covering the Sri Lankan President Rajapaksa’s visit in Tirupati.
He was at Thorapalli in Hosur to pay tributes to C. Rajagopalachari here outside his birth place , on the occasion of the late leader’s birth anniversary. The BJP leader said it was an attack on the freedom of press and that the party strongly condemned the “act of excess” by the Andhra police.
- Sri Lanka’s LGBTQ+ community holds Pride march, demands end to discrimination June 5, 2023
- India’s first international cruise from Chennai to Sri Lanka to be flagged off today June 5, 2023
- ‘Sandahiru Seya Charity Trust’ donates Dialysis Machine to Anuradhapura Hospital June 5, 2023
- Sri Lanka records lowest tourism monthly income of US$ 132 Million in May June 5, 2023
- JVP asks public not to be distracted by circuses June 5, 2023
- Litro LP Gas prices in Sri Lanka reduced from today (June 04) June 4, 2023
- Odisha train collision: Sri Lanka President expresses deep sorrow, assures support June 4, 2023
Hey Mr Ganes,
God gave you a mouth on the face to use for talking.
You grow a mustache that covers your mouth and you are talking through the hole in the bottom which is meant for a different purpose.
Mr Ganes, we are Sri Lankans, proud Sri Lankans. If Indians are stupid, we can’t do anything about it.
Don’t worry about Tamil problem; Sri Lankan Tamils are our brothers and sisters and we love them and look after them. Our young soldiers gave their lives and eliminated your friend Prabaharam and his gang so that our Tamil brothers and sisters could live in peace. They are doing so now.
It is the Indians who gave guns to Terrorists to kill the Sinhala people. You caused the war in our country, both Congress and Hindoo Party. your Vajpayee and Rajiv are idiotic leaders who lacked any vision.
So, stop talking through the hole in your bottom and make sure Sushma gets a husband.