BoC chairman resigns
The chairman of Bank of Ceylon Dr. Gamini Wickremasinghe has reportedly tendered his resignation, official sources said.
According to sources, Dr. Wickramasinghe’s request to resign from his post as the BoC Chairman has been accepted by the President. However, he is to continue his duties until end of this year. A new Chairman is due to be appointed once the President returns to Sri Lanka from his official visit to Kazakhstan.
Courtesy: DM Online
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka to launch new vehicle revenue license system (eRL 2.0) on October 7 October 3, 2023
- World’s leading tech companies deeply criticize Sri Lanka’s Online Safety Bill October 2, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government says No more emergency purchases of medicines October 2, 2023
- IMF unveils 16-point plan to address governance challenges in Sri Lanka October 2, 2023
- Corrupt elements use Parliament, Finance Ministry to evade taxes October 2, 2023