Body of a woman found under a culvert
A female body has been discovered, this morning (09, in a canal which directs water to Keselgamu Oya connected to the Castlereigh Reservoir, states Norwood Police.
The body has been found under a culvert on the Hatton-Bogawantalawa highway, based on a tip-off received by the Norwood Police.
Norwood Police, investigating the matter, suspects that the body had been moved to this place.
Reportedly, the 28 year old deceased woman is dressed in a salwar.
(Source: Ada Derana)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Agriculture Minister explores opportunities to export eggs and chicken September 23, 2023
- Stability should not come at the sacrifice of values of freedom of expression: U.S. Ambassador September 23, 2023
- Sri Lanka imports test kits to detect Nipah virus September 22, 2023
- Import tax on powdered milk increased September 22, 2023
- Sri Lanka President’s robust economic development program leads to 62.1% drop in inflation – Minister September 22, 2023