Bread price goes up
Posted in Local News
The price of a 450 g of loaf of bread would be increased by Rs.2 with effect from midnight today, the All Ceylon Bakery Owners’ Asscoaition Chairman N.K.Jayawardana said.
The decision to increase the prices of all bakery products including the bread has been taken following the price hike of wheat flour last Friday.
Mr. Jayawardene said that bakery owners met this morning to make a final decision on revised prices. The price of Prima flour was increased by Rs 6 and Serendib flour by Rs 4 a kilogramme from midnight on Friday.
Courtesy: DM Online
- Corporal’s bravery in Ududumbara commended by the Sri Lanka Army Commander June 3, 2023
- Price of Litro gas to be reduced by Rs. 350? June 3, 2023
- Sri Lanka Government to relax import restrictions on nearly 400 items June 2, 2023
- Reform momentum must continue despite tentative signs of improvement in Sri Lanka Economy – IMF June 2, 2023
- Government’s objective is to develop Sri Lanka as a thriving nation by 2048 June 2, 2023
- Sri Lankan Rupee appreciates against U.S. Dollar June 1, 2023
- Professionals belonging to 14 categories required to register with Inland Revenue Department from June 01 June 1, 2023