Bribery DG resigns
Director General of the Commission to Investigate Allegations of Bribery or Corruption Dilrukshi Dias Wickramsinghe had tendered her resignation to President Maithripala Sirisena today.
It was reported a few days ago that a high-ranking official of an independent institution is expected to resign soon after some recently gave wrong interpretation about the institution when it was performing a difficult job with regard to eradicating corruption.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lanka’s Dengue cases increased to 78,322 December 7, 2023
- DIG Nalaka de Silva released from case over alleged VIP assassination plot December 6, 2023
- Pressure grows on UK over British Museum treasures as Netherlands returns major colonial artefacts December 6, 2023
- Police officer takes his own life at Peliyagoda Interchange of Katunayake Expressway December 6, 2023
- Sagala asks officials about progress of Beira Lake Development Project December 6, 2023