Bring Prageeth to Sri Lanka: UNP tells Govt.
UNP parliamentarian Harin Fernando said today the Government must take steps to bring Prageeth Eknaligoda back to Sri Lanka if it knew his whereabouts.
“It is a serious statement for the Government to make in Parliament that Prageeth Eknaligoda is living in France. The CID must interrogate parliamentarian Arundhika Fernando who revealed this in Parliament yesterday and must take necessary steps to bring Mr. Ekneligoda to Sri Lanka,” Mr. Fernando said.
UPFA parliamentarian Arundhika Fernando told parliament yesterday that missing journalist Prageeth Eknaligoda was residing in France.
(Courtesy: DM Online)
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- SriLankan Airlines partners with Virgin Australia September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka to launch campaigns to attract 1.5 million tourists – proposal to create non-sleeping cities September 28, 2023
- Danushka Gunathilaka found not guilty of sexual intercourse without consent September 28, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s Ministry of Defence announces updates to licensing conditions for private security agencies September 27, 2023
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023