Bus strikes in Kandy, Panadura
Private bus strikes have been reported today in several areas including Panadura and Kandy.
Lanka Private Bus Owners Association (LPBOA) said the strike in Kandy has been launched by employees of long distance services against a proposal made for conductors and drivers to wear uniforms.
“They are refusing to wear the uniform. However, the strike will not affect the commuters,” LPBOA President Gemunu Wijeratne said.
Meanwhile, private bus employees of Panadura have launched a strike against the lack of facilities at the Panadura bus terminal.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Sri Lankan youths get jobs in Japan under the Special Skilled Worker (SSW) visa category December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka Secures Rs. 20 Billion from Asian Development Bank for Rural Road Renovations December 1, 2023
- Results of 2022 (2023) G.C.E. O/L exam released December 1, 2023
- Sri Lanka revises fuel prices from November 30, 2023 November 30, 2023
- Sri Lanka inflation rises for second month on high energy costs November 30, 2023