Full face helmets banned
Posted in Local News
Police Spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana today said face covered helmets used by motor cyclists will be banned with effect from March 21, 2015.
The use of full face helmets was banned earlier as well. But later the ban was temporarily lifted.
SSP Rohana added the law will be implemented as they witnessed many incident where thieves were taking advantage of these helmets to carry out robberies in the recent past. “Several reports have been received of criminals wearing tinted helmets to hide their identification when fleeing the scene of the crime,” he said.
- SriLankan CEO believes ‘worst is over’, expects $50 Million profit next year June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s official reserve assets increase by 26.2% in May June 7, 2023
- Sri Lanka to process online applications for passports from June 15 June 7, 2023
- Sooriyawewa Pradeshiya Sabha secretary arrested for soliciting Rs.50,000 bribe June 7, 2023
- Nathasha Edirisooriya and Bruno Divakara further remanded June 7, 2023
- MP Gajendrakumar Ponnambalam arrested in Colombo June 7, 2023
- Yohani de Silva gets ‘Golden Visa’ from Dubai June 7, 2023