Full face helmets banned
Police Spokesman SSP Ajith Rohana today said face covered helmets used by motor cyclists will be banned with effect from March 21, 2015.
The use of full face helmets was banned earlier as well. But later the ban was temporarily lifted.
SSP Rohana added the law will be implemented as they witnessed many incident where thieves were taking advantage of these helmets to carry out robberies in the recent past. “Several reports have been received of criminals wearing tinted helmets to hide their identification when fleeing the scene of the crime,” he said.
Latest Headlines in Sri Lanka
- Despite signs of stabilization, full economic recovery not yet assured – IMF Mission September 27, 2023
- Sri Lankan President leaves for Germany September 27, 2023
- Trains delayed on coastal line due to derailment near Kollupitiya September 27, 2023
- Sri Lanka’s revenue shortfall concerns IMF team – sources September 27, 2023
- Airman killed, another injured in explosion at Kandakuliya Air Force Training Camp September 26, 2023